5 Tips to Get More Listings by Showing Your Zeal
“Passion is in essence made to be seen.” Roland Barthes
Imagine two REALTORS® vying for a listing. They’re both skilled, but one gives the obvious vibe in her voice and in her eyes that she can barely contain herself to get started selling the house. She’s on fire. She’s bubbling with zeal. Who will win the listing?
If I were to ask you if you’re passionate about real estate, how would you reply?
You might say something like: “Why sure Bob, I’m crazy in love of with my profession. Love it. Eat, sleep and drink it!”
And I’d have to take your word for it. That is, unless perhaps I’d seen you give a listing presentation that oozed with excitement. You were bright-eyed, smiling, engaging.
The point is the only way to tell if someone is passionate is by seeing it in action. Take the last time you ate out as an example. Was your waiter passionate? Granted, a passionate waiter can be hard to find sometimes, but when you see one, you know it. You can see it in his eyes, in his actions, in his voice. Right? You know passion when you see it.
So the question is—are your prospects seeing your passion? Are you wearing it on your sleeve every day? Is it visible? Is it palpable?
Remember this: if you’re passionate about real estate make sure you’re showing it. Many agents emphasize their skills and experience and forget to show their enthusiasm. Prospects want agents who’ll go above and beyond simply because they love their job.
Make a commitment to show your passion at all your future listing presentations. Make the prospect say, “Wow, you really love this.”
Here are 5 tips to make your passion more visible:
1. Get feedback—Role play your listing presentation in front of someone (preferably a coach!) who can give you honest and useful feedback on what you can do to better flaunt your passion.
2. Be positive—Most everybody talks about their work, and much of the time they complain about it. Complainers are everywhere, so stand out from the crowd with your positivity. And if something needs fixing at work, be proactive and get busy fixing it.
3. Be aware of your body language— First and foremost, smile. Smiling shows warmth and enthusiasm instantly. Make lots of eye contact. Be an active and engaged listener.
4. Be a problem solver—Think how good it feels when a problem is solved. Better yet, think how fun it is to watch someone solve a problem, especially someone who’s fanatical about solving the problem. Be that problem solver for your clients.
5. Know the industry—You can be the most passionate REALTOR® on earth, but you still need to know your stuff. Take continuing education at every turn and stay on top of what’s happening in the industry. When you talk with prospects about the latest news, that shows them you’re passionate about the industry.
I have a handout called Qualities of Excellence that gets to the root of showing your passion to prospects. Email me at Article@Corcoran Coaching.com and I’ll send it to you free of charge.
Let me hear from you. Are you showing your passion? Could it be you think you’re showing your passion but perhaps it’s not coming across to prospects? Have you gotten feedback that your passion shows? If not, how can you improve and show your passion? Please send any comments or questions you have to Article@CorcoranCoaching.com or http://www.facebook.com/Corcoran Coaching.
By Bob Corcoran